Automount trouble?

Vincent Fox gt1111a at prism.gatech.edu
Sat Apr 27 10:00:00 AEST 1991

Does automount work for any of you under SunOS 4.1.1?

I make 2 new NIS maps:
1)auto.master, containing:
auto.cae
2)auto.cae, containing
/storage	-ro,intr	cadnext2:/storage

When I crank up automount with either "/usr/etc/automount" or
"/usr/etc/automount /- auto.master", it disappears as soon as I call it.
It's very curious since "/usr/etc/automount /net -hosts" works perfectly
and the automount daemon stays in the ps table like it ought to.  Yes,
/etc/exports is set correctly on the remote machine.

I must say that the automount man page suffers from extreme exceptionitis.
It's got lots of good info for exceptional and weird cases, but is pretty
useless for information on setting up a new vanilla one. At least one nice
simple example at the end would have been nice.$