Transport Level Interface Programming.

Stew Ellis elliss at kira.egr.msu.edu
Wed Apr 3 01:00:00 AEST 1991

inei at cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Nick Nei) writes:

>Can someone help me with calling TLI routines?  My cc cannot find
>t_open(), t_bind() and friends.  "Network Programming" says that I must
>use the -lnsl_s library but I cannot find it in /usr/lib.

You do not specify which release of SunOS you are on, but in 4.1 and 4.1.1
the lib is /usr/lib/libnsl.a, called during link as -lnsl.

The examples in the Network Programming guide or whatever it is called do
not agree with the current device list in /dev/MAKEDEV either.  I believe
they tell you to t_open /dev/tipw or something.  I have not read the
section but have been helping a EE professor and some of his students.
Opening /dev/tcp has not worked yet, so I was going to try /dev/nit next,
following a suggestion by a friend of mine who is an engineer at Sun.
Please let me know how you progress.  Also anyone else who has anything to
offer, I am interested and I do read the group daily.