UUCP & sendmail problem

Manabu Tokunaga [c100] imatron!manabu at uunet.uu.net
Thu Apr 18 07:14:13 AEST 1991

Our System:

System: Sun 3/180
OS:	4.1.1

Description of the Undesired Effect:

Our mailhost machine in our domain (imatron.COM) is configured so that it
will forward all mail address it does not know about to UUNET via UUCP.
That's exactly by the manual and works fine.

i.e.,
	# major relay host: use the $M mailer to send mail to other domains
	DR uunet
	CR uunet

I have now added another UUCP site named "iip" on our UUCP list
(/etc/uucp/Systems etc.).  This site is also known as "iip.COM". The
undesired effect happens when I try to send mail to foobar at iip.COM.  Our
system (correctly) forwards the mail to uunet!foobar at iip.COM.

Will anybody (please) be able to show me how to teach our mail system so
that when it sees foobar at iip.COM it will correctly change the address
iip!foobar?

I did RTFM the sendmail section in the back of THE manual, but the
description is still hard for me to understand.  As usual, thank you in
advance for your help and all your response via E-mail to me will be
summarized and posted back to the Sun Spots in due time.

Manabu Tokunaga, CS Dept. UltraFast CT Development Group/ Imatron Inc.
389 Oyster Point Blvd., South San Francisco, California 94080
Phone: 415-583-9964, E-mail: uunet!imatron!manabu or manabu at imatron.COM