Bsd Telnetd

Mark A. Gebert geeb at med.umich.edu
Sat Apr 20 07:30:00 AEST 1991

I ftp'd the generic bsd telnetd down from uunet this morning. But I
haven't gotten it to compile do to a problem with the Makefile.

When a do a straight compile with the given makefile I get the following
error:

hendrix:geeb% make telnetd
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 13: Unexpected end of line seen

The offending line in the makefile is:

.include <bsd.prog.mk>

When I comment out that line I get the following stream of errors:

hendrix:geeb% make telnetd
cc    -target sun4 -o telnetd telnetd.c
"./defs.h", line 101: illegal type combination
"./ext.h", line 46: warning: undeclared initializer name NSLC
"./ext.h", line 46: constant expected
"telnetd.c", line 332: TELOPT_TSPEED undefined
"telnetd.c", line 333: TELOPT_XDISPLOC undefined
"telnetd.c", line 334: TELOPT_ENVIRON undefined
"telnetd.c", line 342: illegal initialization
"telnetd.c", line 348: illegal initialization
"telnetd.c", line 354: illegal initialization
"telnetd.c", line 569: TELOPT_NAWS undefined
"telnetd.c", line 572: TELOPT_LFLOW undefined
"telnetd.c", line 1006: SLC_IP undefined
"telnetd.c", line 1023: SLC_ABORT undefined
"telnetd.c", line 1035: SLC_SUSP undefined
"telnetd.c", line 1054: SLC_EOF undefined
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `telnetd'

So what's the hack to get it to compile???

 Mark A. Gebert                    | University of Michigan, Health Sciences
 (geeb at med.umich.edu)              | Information Technology and Networking (ITN)