using the mail option in the calendar tool

Paul Calamai phcalama at dial.waterloo.edu
Thu Apr 18 07:14:13 AEST 1991

Hi.  I'm running OpenWindows v2 on a Sparcstation2.  I've only had this
machine for a few weeks so I'm new to both SunOS and OpenWindows.

Here is the problem/situation.  I used the calendar tool to set an
appointment that started 1hr 15min from the current time and set the
notification options to beep and to send mail to me 1hr in advance.  I
stayed logged on and, sure enough, all worked just fine.  I then used the
calendar tool to set an appointment that started 2hr from the current time
and set the notification options to beep and to send mail to me 1 hr in
advance.  I then logged off and returned to the workstation three hours
later.

I expected to find a mail message in my inbox but there was none.

Is the mail not sent if the user isn't logged on?  If so, can this be
modified?

Any ideas?

Professor Paul H. Calamai		email: phcalama at dial.uwaterloo.edu