Novice question on TLI interface of SunOS 4.1

Uwe Stoehr stoehr at irf.uucp
Thu Feb 14 09:03:00 AEST 1991

Being a beginner in programming with TLI on SunOS 4.1 I have encountered a
basic question:

How do I assign a transport address to a transport endpoint, which has
been created using t_open. What kind of address is used by the TCP
transport provider (device: /dev/tcp)?  If I try to assign a simple
integer value (as described in the Sun Manual) or an internet address
(with and without port number!) in form of a string or in form of an
integer value as a transport address to an endpoint, the t_bind or
t_connect procedures fail!

The error statements from t_error are:

- "incorrect address format"  (use of t_bind)
- "address family not supported by protocol family"  (use of t_connect)

Thanx for any hints !

Uwe Stoehr University of Dortmund, Institute of Robotics Research, FRG