SCSI problem with Conner CP-3200

David L. Markowitz dav at genisco.gtc.com
Tue Jan 22 04:23:07 AEST 1991

In comp.sys.sun you write:

>I installed a Conner CP-3200 200Meg drive as the second internal drive on
>an SS1. Initially the system was running 4.0.3 and the drive worked fine.

>I then tried to install 4.1 on the new drive.

>When I booted off the new drive a got heaps of SCSI read timeouts which
>slowed everything down incredibly - however it eventually came up
>multi-user.

We use these drives all the time.  Make sure that your drive has PROM
version 2.03 or later.  1.86 and earlier are known to not work under 4.1
(this has been covered in previous sun-spots).  Our distributor upgraded
them for us at no charge.

|PS. Can anyone tell me where I can get some documentation on the CP-3200
|  - it was supplied to us as a bare disk- I had to guess how to set the SCSI
|  id, and I have no idea what the other jumpers do.

Have you asked Conner?  Leave the other jumpers alone.

	David L. Markowitz
	dav at gtc.com