SCSI problem with Conner CP-3200

Ross cartlidge rossc at extro.ucc.su.oz.au
Wed Jan 16 19:25:53 AEST 1991

I installed a Conner CP-3200 200Meg drive as the second internal drive on
an SS1. Initially the system was running 4.0.3 and the drive worked fine.

I then tried to install 4.1 on the new drive.

When I booted off the new drive a got heaps of SCSI read timeouts which
slowed everything down incredibly - however it eventually came up
multi-user.

Does 4.1 use the disk differently to 4.0.3?  Can anyone have any ideas on
what could cause this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS. Can anyone tell me where I can get some documentation on the CP-3200
    - it was supplied to us as a bare disk- I had to guess how to set the SCSI
    id, and I have no idea what the other jumpers do.

Ross Rodney Cartlidge			    |   rossc at extro.ucc.su.oz.au