Running X on a Sparcstation-2/GS - Help

Scott Milton scott at csis.dit.csiro.au
Wed Jan 9 11:41:34 AEST 1991

We have taken delivery of a Sparcstation-2 with a GS accelerator card, and
no way to run X windows on it. Presumably OpenWindows-3 will support this
card, but OpenWindows-2 does not. We have servers which will support the
cg8 board, and I assumed we could use these, but this one wants to be
cg12.

Any suggestions, knowledge about OW3 timscales, OW-Beta availablility,
other servers, local hacks etc greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Scott.Milton at csis.dit.csiro.au     Phone +61-6-2750923     Fax +61-6-2571052
CSIRO Division of Information Technology, ANU, Acton Canberra ACT AUSTRALIA.