SIGSEGV error message

Tammie D. Jelks tjelks at stl-08sima.army.mil
Fri Jan 18 08:36:07 AEST 1991

I am having problems with a SUN-4 (4.1os) machine.  I've composed a
client/server program using rpcgen to generate the server and the client.
It ran great on a SUN-3 machine, but not on the SUN-4.

When I run it on the SUN-4, a memory fault core dump appeared.  A trace
was ran against the core, and it gave me a SIGSEGV error message.  I was
told that the data alignment on the SUN-4 was very strict, but not on the
SUN-3 and that the 16 bit buffer was full.

How do I go about fixing the data alignment? or How do I take care of this
problem.

I am not on your mailing list, so please send all messages directly to
tjelks at stl-08sima.army.mil.

Tammie Jelks
US AMC SIMA
St. Louis MO