Which ethernet intfc. is my socked on?

Larry Pajakowski turing!abbott.com!larry at uunet.uu.net
Fri May 10 23:03:00 AEST 1991

We have a workstations acting as a router between 2 networks.  We need to
limit some of the tcp/udp services on one of the networks.  For example
ftpd and telnetd would only be available on the "secure" network.

The manual gives an example of using getpeername but I feel that using the
physical ethernet interface would be harder to fake then the internet
address.  So far I havn't figured out how to find out which interface my
socket is on.  Any pointers would be apreciated.

Anybody ever thought of separate services files for each interface?

Many thanks.
Larry Pajakowski
Abbott Labs.
pajakowskil%randb.abbott.com at relay.cs.net