Quadruple precision on SPARC

James J. Szinger jim at fuji.eng.yale.edu
Fri May 10 23:03:00 AEST 1991

Does anyone out there know how to access the SPARC's quad precision
floating point math.  I know how to do it in assembly, but it's really
ugly.  I could also write a C++ class to do it but that's too much work if
it's been done already.  I need only the basic arithmetic opereations
which are supported by the FPU: add, subtract, multiply, divide, etc.  If
you can help, please send e-mail.

James J. Szinger                  Becton Center
jim at fuji.eng.yale.edu             15 Prospect Street
Intelligent Sensors Lab.          Box 2157 Yale Station
Electrical Engineering            New Haven, Connecticut 06520
Yale University                   U.S.A.