Installing a 1.2G Fujistu Hard Drive on a SUN 4/330

Patrick Goetz patrick at medicine.uchicago.edu
Fri May 10 23:03:00 AEST 1991

Help!  We have been trying (unsuccessfully) to install a 1.2 Gigabyte
Fujitsu M2266S on a SUN 4/330.  The machine simply doesn't "see" the hard
disk.  All the obvious problems (inverted cable, wrong ID, bad
termination, etc.) have been checked out, and the drive works fine when
attached to a SPARC 1+ workstation.  Has anyone used this drive on a SUN
4/330 ?  Any ideas on what our problem is ?  We would greatly appreciate
any help with this problem.  (Since I normally don't use Pnews, I would
prefer that responses be sent directly to the address listed above.)