A Sun in an aquarium

Marty Lyons ames!ultra!marty at uunet.uu.net
Fri May 10 09:05:00 AEST 1991

In <2676 at brchh104.bnr.ca> c162-ey%danube.Berkeley.EDU at ucbvax.berkeley.edu (Bradley Post) writes:

>I work at the California Academy of Sciences, and a few weeks ago some
>people at Sun Micro came and sunk a workstation into the round-about (a
>fish tank) and took pictures and all.  I heard in one of my classes that
>this was also filmed as a tv comercial?  Anyone who has any knowledge of
>this, or a copy of it, please contact me.  The people at the California
>Academy are interested in seeing it.  Thanks very much.

For those of you in the Silicon Valley area, the sunken Sun (as well as
desk, chair, phone, etc) of one of Sun's VPs was shown on the April 4th
Silicon Valley Report.   SVR is on San Jose's public TV station, KTEH,
Channel 54.  It was pretty funny - they sunk the whole office of the poor
guy into this large aquarium.  Apparently the guy is a diver, since he
donned a full wetsuit and tank, and went in amongst the sharks and sat at
the desk.

His wife made the comment that he always said working in Silicon Valley
makes you feel like you're working with sharks (or something like that).

Marty Lyons, Ultra Network Technologies, 101 Daggett Dr, San Jose, CA 95134 USA
(408) 922-0100 x196, marty at ultra.com,               Notable roadway moment #2:
              "ZZYZX Road" - CA I-15, 160 miles West of Las Vegas