A Sun in an aquarium

Mark Cappel mark at east.sunworld.com
Wed May 1 09:00:00 AEST 1991

In article <2676 at brchh104.bnr.ca> you write:
>I work at the California Academy of Sciences, and a few weeks ago some
>people at Sun Micro came and sunk a workstation into the round-about (a
>fish tank) and took pictures and all.

>[[Ed's Note: That brings up an interesting point - it seems Sun has
>finally broken into prime time television advertising. I saw one of their
>commercials on Arts & Entertainment a couple of nights ago around 7pm-ish.
>(Strange that they pick A&E to advertise on instead of one of the big-4,
>but it was a pretty neat commercial [sort of reminded me of the planet
>scenes out of Jedi :)]). I haven't seen the sunken Sun one though. -bdg]]

According to Sun's PR folks, the sunken Sun was hollow. It was a part of
Sun's annual April Fool prank. This year, the people at Sun sunk a portion
of Wayne Rosing's office at the aquarium. Mr. Rosing, having the sense of
humor he does (and perhaps a nose for publicity), donned a wetsuit and
"worked" at his desk for the amusement of local newspaper and TV
photographers.

The April 14 Sun TV ads were done by the same people that did the "speeder
bike" sequence in the movie "Return of the Jedi."

Mark Cappel			80 Elm St.
Senior Editor			Peterborough, NH 03458
SunWorld (nee SunTech Journal)	voice (603) 924-0100
mark at east.sunworld.com		fax   (603) 924-8779