Has anyone been using automount for a while?

tcf%monica.itri.org.tw at cunyvm.cuny.edu tcf%monica.itri.org.tw at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Fri May 10 23:03:00 AEST 1991

> Our network has about 100+ plus workstations and i was considering using
> automount more.  I have set up my workstation so that everything is
> automounted, even my home directory and X11 windows executables. Before i
> start configuring all our workstations like this i want to be sure it is
> stable.

> i have noticed that if the automount is NOT working, that there is no
> recourse but to reboot the machine. this would not be too good.

  There is one better way to restart the automounter:
  "send a SIGTERM (kill  -15) signal to the automount daemon".

  I usually do it in this way:

  % kill -15 `ps ax|grep automount|grep -v grep|awk '{print $1}'`;automount

        Any ideas, comments, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chen-Fang Tsai
Bitnet: x200tcf0 at twnitri1.bitnet                Phone: 886-35-91-7595
Internet: tcf at monica.itri.org.tw                  Fax: 886-35-91-7697
Computer & Communication Research Laboratories
Industrial Technology Research Institute