4.1.1 psig panic on an SLC

Jeff Gabel jeff at wubios.wustl.edu
Fri May 24 04:47:00 AEST 1991

May  2 16:46:01 wubiosun5 vmunix: panic: psig action
[wubiosun5 reboots...]

The above kernel message pretty much says it all:  The panic and
subsequent crash is occuring on a diskless SLC, which is being served by a
4/260, upon exiting from sunview. This occurred on 2 consequtive days when
the user chose to exit via the main menu. Offhand, the user of this
machine had an active mailtool, textedit, a couple of shelltools and a
cmdtool serving as a console at the time of the crash.  I'm not sure I can
lay blame a sunview for this, but it does seem suspicious. Is this a known
bug and I simply missed an article in sun-spots? If so, is there an
available patch? I will probably go ahead and report this to Sun, but
wanted to make this information public.

Jeff Gabel

| Internet % jeff at wubios.wustl.edu        | Jeff Gabel, System/Network Slave |
|     UUCP % ...!uunet!wugate!wubios!jeff | Div. of Biostatistics, Box 8067  |
|AT&T Mail % attmail!wubios!jeff          | Washington U. School of Medicine |
|Voice/FAX % +1 314 362 {3681/2693}       | St. Louis, MO  63110             |