Concurrent UNIX

Tom Frauenhofer tvf at cci632.UUCP
Tue Oct 30 05:43:04 AEST 1990

In article <1829 at overlf.UUCP> emanuele at overlf.UUCP (Mark A. Emanuele) writes:
>I have tried this *nix once and stopped after I was able to do a
>This is unacceptible to me.
>When I called up Mark Williams Co. they were not even aware that this happened!
>The Tech support guy tried it on his machine, and said "...well I'll be damned"
>I cannot believe that this kind of bug was not found during testing, so I must
>assume that it is a "feature ?".

I could do this under Microport V/AT (in fact, the friendly folks at
Microport actually wrote in their documentation that that was the preferred
way to do a shutdown).  Minix also allows me to do that, but that's a hacker
OS so it doesn't count.  I can't speak for any of the 386 Unicies (plural
for Unix?  Who knows), but I wouldn't be surprised if you could.  Like
anything it has its pluses and minuses, I wouldn't fault them for that.

I find prying off one of the keytops is usually (not always) a better
deterrant to the 3-fingered salute, anyway...
--
Thomas V. Frauenhofer, WA2YYW, tvf at cci.com   | Little cockroach on the wall,
{uupsi,ccicpg}!cci632!tvf at uunet.uu.net       | Don't you have no friends at all?