idle kill program needed

KLARICH TERRY JAME klarich at d.cs.okstate.edu
Tue Oct 30 05:03:40 AEST 1990

I know there was just a big discussion about killing off idle users.
However, I did not pay any attention because I never thaught I would need
to worry about this.  Well, my boss asked me to get something running which
would get rid of idle users after a certain time.  I ftped a program like
this from simtel; but, it could not handle people coming in from telnet.
Also, this program would just pay attention to the last time a character
was read and then start counting.  So, if the program the user was running
did not require a keyboard read within kill_time minutes, they were logged off
even though they were not idle.

If some one could recommend a good idle kill program or send me a summary
of this discussion, I would sure appreciate the trouble.