Exact Specifications for (LPR/LPC/LPD/LPQ/LPRM) (Need Help ASAP)

Bill Stapleton wls at uwm.edu
Thu Oct 11 00:56:26 AEST 1990

In article <9130 at ucrmath.ucr.edu>, yakker at ucrmath.ucr.edu (matt robinson) writes:
> I need to obtain the exact specifications for the lpd/lpq/lpr/lpc programs,
> for multiple printers with a single queue that works through a filter in
> lpr.  If anyone has any type of information along these lines, or can give
> any documentation (Like an RFC, for instance), please let me know.  ...

RFC 1179.  I could mail you a copy if you can't find it elsewhere.  Somebody
mailed me this, so I'm not sure if it's generally available.

The PLP package has queues with multiple printers, but it's not 100% BSD
compatible.  It may be worth looking at though, since it also documents the
lpd/lpr protocol.  It's available for anonymous FTP at vlsi.cs.umn.edu
(128.101.230.15).

--
Bill Stapleton