Logging a User Off

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Tue Sep 18 06:22:49 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep15.002036.17056 at mccc.uucp> pjh at mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) writes:

>	I am, but your SV is better than my SV!  I do not have passwd(1M).

I wouldn't say better.... I really hate it when someone touches the uucp
logins on the 386's with the FACE admin package or changes the password
with passwd(1).  These things idiotically activate password aging so in
about a month the uucp dial-ups to them will start failing, sitting at
a prompt that says "Your password has expired, please choose a new one".
After several days of wasted LD calls, someone usually notices that
things are broken....  Yes, you can turn it off, if you remember every time.

Besides, your SV does have password aging, it just doesn't cram it down
your throat.  See passwd(4) for a description of how to set it up with
your favorite editor.

Les Mikesell
  les at chinet.chi.il.us