Ditroff

jim at nature.berkeley.edu jim at nature.berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 1 00:06:07 AEST 1990

In article <10266 at hubcap.clemson.edu> colflgg at hubcap.clemson.edu (john f passafiume) writes:
>We have a campus-wide license for System V and would like to get access
>to ditroff. We understand that we can send copy of cover page of license
>(the page with signatures) and small amount of $$ to Berkeley and we
>will get ditroff, pic and other stuff. Can anyone help with FAX number
>to Berkeley so that we can expedite request.

Contact:

  Campus Software Office
  2320 Shattuck Ave, Suite B
  Berkeley CA 94704
  (415)-643-7201
  FAX: (415)-642-4566
  email: domino at garnet.berkeley.edu

They sell "UCSF Enhanced troff/Transcript 2.2",  which is much improved
over the raw AT&T and Adobe products.  (BTW, this is ditroff, not troff.)

Unfortunately you must have SOURCE licenses for both troff and Transcript,
if you want to buy this package.  And they want REAL proof!

Cost is $400.00 per mini-computer, or $800.00 per workstation-cluster.
Not cheap by the time you factor in the cost of the AT&T/Adobe source
licenses.