help removing a file

BURNS,JIM gt0178a at prism.gatech.EDU
Fri Sep 7 13:23:35 AEST 1990

in article <1212 at tardis.Tymnet.COM>, jms at tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) says:
> The reason that works is because an executable script that does not start
> with "#", "#!/bin/xxx" or ":" is executed by /bin/sh instead of your default
> shell,

Not on any system I've worked on. It always defaults to $SHELL, your
current shell. If this wasn't true, I couldn't use ksh aliases and
functions inside my scripts w/o #!/bin/ksh (or whatever). If what you mean
is that *csh* defaults to /bin/sh w/o one of your constructs, this is
true.
--
BURNS,JIM
Georgia Institute of Technology, Box 30178, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
Internet: gt0178a at prism.gatech.edu