finger and chfn

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Wed Apr 3 23:02:20 AEST 1991

In article <1582 at amix.commodore.com> ag at amix.commodore.com (Keith Gabryelski) writes:
>I kind of doubt this is an internals question.  Followups to
>comp.unix.admin although comp.sources.d might be better.

Grrr.  Some of us don't read all 23 comp.unix newsgroups - as bad an
idea it is to leave the posting in comp.unix.internals, you're stuck
since the poster might be like me and not read the other group.  We
need to get the postings to =originate= in the correct group, not
get shuffled off and lost in the correct group.

>There is atleast one publicly available chfn program out there written
>by John F Haugh II (jfh at rpp386.cactus.org).  Probably available on
>uunet.  There are two chsh programs on uunet owned by rsalz (of
>comp.sources.unix fame).  Maybe one of these distributions has what
>you need.

It was posted to alt.sources some time back.  I suppose I need to
send it off to some more respectable group so it will be in the
regular, more widely recognized archives ...
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"If liberals interpreted the 2nd Amendment the same way they interpret the
 rest of the Constitution, gun ownership would be mandatory."