sendmail shock. Bibliography?

Ed Vielmetti emv at ox.com
Thu Apr 4 12:58:07 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr1.173622.12281 at appmag.com> pa at appmag.com (Pierre Asselin) writes:

   The title pretty much says it.  I'm a new Unix sysadmin  and  I'm
   going  to have to hack sendmail.cf real soon now.  I can read man
   pages, but in this case I need a book to  get  started.   I  want
   technical information, not generalities:

If your mailer situation is simple enough (no oddball dec-20's to code
around, no vms gatewaying, connnections to not very many other sites)
and your load is not too enormous, then smail 3 is quite a reasonable
alternative to sendmail.

configurations can be mercifully short and uncryptic.  adding and
subtracting ways of doing things is broken down reasonably well so
that you can make a change here without having to reconstruct the
entire configuratino.

If you don't already have a working sendmail configuration, I see no
reason to go and try to create one now.

--
 Msen	Edward Vielmetti
/|---	moderator, comp.archives
	emv at msen.com

"With all of the attention and publicity focused on gigabit networks,
not much notice has been given to small and largely unfunded research
efforts which are studying innovative approaches for dealing with
technical issues within the constraints of economic science."
							RFC 1216