sendmail shock. Bibliography?

Pierre Asselin pa at appmag.com
Tue Apr 2 03:36:22 AEST 1991

The title pretty much says it.  I'm a new Unix sysadmin  and  I'm
going  to have to hack sendmail.cf real soon now.  I can read man
pages, but in this case I need a book to  get  started.   I  want
technical information, not generalities:

    -all the networks and internetwork address formats known to man,
    -what will sendmail do for me anyway,
    -how do I get it to do my bidding,
    -what lower-level services does it use.

And on top of it, the book should define each term before the first use.
Anyone know of such a beast ?  Help.

  --Pierre Asselin, R&D, Applied Magnetics Corp.  I speak for me.