MONEY_FOR_BANKS offer

Brian Fitzgerald fitz at mml0.meche.rpi.edu
Tue Apr 16 23:12:36 AEST 1991

For anyone who is interested, on April 8, someone placed a commercial
announcement for a "credit card indemnification club" in world writable
anonymous ftp directories from here to Finland.

| Dear Reader:
|         We are a multi-service comapny that needs your help.  We need
| to secure as many banks in our computer banks as possible.  We don't
| want no one else's help, but yours.  For each submitted bank you will
| receive $5.00.  If you are a member of the credit indemnification club,
| then you will receive $7.50/submission.  Look under CREDIT_CARD_PROTECTION
| for more details and the address of the company.

| Sincerely,

| P. L. Miller
| President
| Miller's Comsumer Service

I wonder why the bankers won't give him the list.

Look for:
-rw-rw-rw-  1 ftp          1394 Apr  8 05:55 CREDIT_CARD_INDEMNIFICATION
-rw-rw-rw-  1 ftp           473 Apr  8 05:55 MONEY_FOR_BANKS
--
We need to secure as many banks in our computer banks as possible.  We
don't want no one else's help, but yours.  Miller's Comsumer Service