Where do I get admin utilities? + crypt

Andrew Phillips andrew at teslab.lab.OZ
Fri Apr 5 23:41:15 AEST 1991

Being a somewhat inexperienced system administrator I was interested
to read in an article recently about what others use in their tasks.
The following five programs seemed to be very useful:

perl
expect
ofiles
top
cops

I got perl and cops from comp.unix.* but I don't remember having seen
the others there.  I was wondering where I can get them.

Also we don't have crypt, presumably because we have a non-U.S.
version of UNIX.  This is very annoying when using cops as we can't
do any checks on how good the passwords are.  Is there source to
crypt() around that we can use?  Also do all Unices give the same
encrypted string for the same word (assuming the salt is the same)?
If not I would need to modify it to give the same encryption that
our login/passwd use.

Andrew.
--
Andrew Phillips (andrew at teslab.lab.oz.au) Phone +61 (Aust) 2 (Sydney) 289 8712