Problems with FTP in a NIS slave server

James Cameron jc at condor.bu.edu
Mon Apr 1 17:24:21 AEST 1991

>>>>> On 31 Mar 91 09:41:10 GMT, jc at albatross.bu.edu (James Cameron) said:

jc> System:  SunOS 4.1.1c on SparcStation 2 running NIS as a slave server

jc> Problem: Users cannot ftp to machine.  Anonymous ftp works fine.

jc> Comments: Just upgraded to a 4.1.1c and we did not have any problems with

Thanks for all the help out there!!  (And sorry for the repeat request....)

The solution was simply to restore /etc/shells  The reason I had problems
is that somehow an extra '\' got on the tcsh line and that was what
was causing problems.  I knew I had restored the file, but I had not
checked it contents.

Thanks goes out to:

Albert Pang  <albert at Brahms.INSL.McGill.Ca>
mjo at ais.org (Mike O'Connor)
gengenba at forwiss.uni-passau.de (Michael Gengenbach)

JC

--
James Cameron  -  jc at raven.bu.edu        |  "But to risk we must, for the
Signal Processing and Interpretation Lab |  greatest hazard in life is to risk