DSZ ZMODEM problem

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Tue Apr 2 00:33:33 AEST 1991

In article <910322399 at minixug.mugnet.org> root at minixug.mugnet.org (MINIXUG-ON
>jim at crom2.uucp (James P. H. Fuller) wrote:
>>
>>     I'd like to hear about this also.  I have Forsberg's rz and sz compile
>> for ISC Unix rel.2.2  (SysVr3.2) and whenever people call from DOS machine
>> and try to download stuff using dsz they get lots of timeouts and error re
>> covery and a very low transfer rate.  My modem is a T2500 with the registe
>> optimized (as best I can) for unix/uucp.

	I doubt this is a problem with the Telebit. We don't have a 2500
(yet) but do support the T1000. I set up rz/sz (compiled under Xenix/386,
running on SCO ODT), linked DSZ into ProComm Plus 1.1b. Works quite well,
with throughput as high as ~900 cps, though it's notably lower if retrans-
missions are required or I'm running as a background process (under Windows,
for example).