rquota and nfs

Andy Pippin <The Elf> andy at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Sun Apr 7 08:32:27 AEST 1991

	Scenerio:

	    We have two systems, that remote mount their filesystems
	    on each other.

	Problem:

	    Users can write to world writeable directories on the
	    systems that they don't have accounts on.  I'd like to
	    be able to shut this down, but without restricting users
	    who DO have accounts on both machines.

	Question:

	    I could give all users a quota of 1 on the other machine,
	    but this would show up on their "quota -v" report, and
	    might cause confusion to new users.

	    Is there a way to make a quota "zero" rather than "no"
	    quota?  (I.e. making the users quota 0).

	advTHANKSance.

    aBp.

--
Andy Pippin		  \   Please don't tell my folks I'm in school.  They
andy at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU   \  still think I'm a poker dealer in a whorehouse!