nslookup works, but ping, finger, telnet, et al don't : HELP!

S D Law steve at castle.ed.ac.uk
Tue Apr 9 21:38:51 AEST 1991

In article <14092 at helios.TAMU.EDU> fab9452 at tamsun.tamu.edu (Allan Bailey) writes:

> Over the weekend I brought up and installed a Sun 4/490, SunOS 4.1.1 .
>
> The problem is that our named seems to not be working properly, and I can't
>figure it at all.

At the top of the Makefile in /var/yp set the parameter B to be -b, ie.
B=-b

Now delete all *.time files in /var/yp and remake all your maps(remember
to delete all unwanted host names from the hosts file.  Usually a good
idea to leave local names but delete others).  Restart ypserv and also
ypbind on any clients.

Steve.