public access unix sites

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Fri Apr 26 13:10:10 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr26.013659.20826 at wpi.WPI.EDU> richard at wpi.WPI.EDU (Richard K Ow) writes:
   Hi.  I was wondering if anyone knew of any public access
   unix sites in the 617 area code (Massachusetts) so I could
   access my account at Worcester Polytechnic Institute without
   paying long distance telephone rates everytime I want to log
   in.  Thanks in advance.

  First of all, what you're really asking for is a public access site
that has Internet access, because you're only going to be able to log
into your account at WPI (on the Internet) from another Internet host.

  Second, for a list of public access sites, some of them on the
Internet, see the "Nixpub posting" articles in comp.misc and alt.bbs.
If these articles have expired at your site, you can get copies of
them using the instructions appended to the end of this message.

  Third, if you can't find something useful in the Nixpub list, your
best bet is to find the nearest university or college to where you're
going to be that's on the Internet, and ask them if they can give you
access to the Internet through their facilities.

Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace
jik at Athena.MIT.EDU				Allston, MA  02134
Office: 617-253-8085			      Home: 617-782-0710