Preventing date rollback

mike at bria.UUCP mike at bria.UUCP
Mon Jan 14 23:36:45 AEST 1991

In article <448 at minya.UUCP> minya.UUCP!jc (John Chambers) writes:
>> Assuming that no one pointed a gun at your head and said "buy this software",
>> you made a choice, and with that choice comes rules.  Live with it or
>> get out.
>
>Sorry, but despite how macho and righteous this may sound in print,
>it wouldn't last very long in most courts.  [...]

You would have a point *if* the company that you bought the software from
did not disclose to you that it had a copy protection mechanism.  If you
bought the product, knowing that it had copy protection and the nature of
that protection, then you made a choice.  Live with it or get out.  Doing
your homework on a package ahead of time is also food for thought ...
--
Michael Stefanik, Systems Engineer (JOAT), Briareus Corporation
UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike