The internet de-mystified

Gary Morrell gary at farcomp.UUCP
Thu Jan 24 02:57:18 AEST 1991

I need some light shed on internet access.  Currently my sight has
timed dial up access to a number of local unix machines.  This provides
us with a news feed and a flow of e-mail.  We would like to, however,
get a full time connection.  So the questions are: are there companys
that will provide this service; what are the security implications; is
there a good book that someone would like to recomend; what is the
proper protocol in asking  a site to provide a full time feed; isn't
it somewhat of a strain (i.e. cpu time, security, installation, etc.)
for a site to provide an internet feed? Any other pertinent info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

naively yours,
              Gary Morrell