Whatcha Do During Backups?

Jamie Mason jmason2 at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca
Mon Jun 3 22:27:37 AEST 1991

In article <WG0+Y5=@cs.widener.edu> brendan at cs.widener.edu (Brendan Kehoe) writes:
> This past weekend (month's end) made a question pop into my mind; we
>do different things to pass the time while we're doing our all-encompassing
>disk-swabbing backups, like play basketball, read, or whatever. This
>weekend we did one of those 1000-piece jigsaw puzzles.

	That's not just an admin question.  We *users* have to find
something to do when our favourite Unix box is down, doing its level 0
dumps.

	I engage in a new form of self-torture when my favourite Unix box
is down: I log into the IBM mainframe and endure CMS. :-)

Jamie  ...  Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Written On  Monday, June 3, 1991  at  08:25:23am EDT