Whatcha Do During Backups?

Tim Ramsey tar at math.ksu.edu
Wed Jun 5 14:37:50 AEST 1991

Hmm.  I still use 150M tapes, so I can't get more than 30 minutes worth of
sleep before I have to change tapes.  But that's OK, I have 2 servers.  When
I do level 0 backups, I take one down to single user mode, start an xterm up
on the other, do backups from the second one on 2 tape drives at once, and
then switch when the first set of backups are done.  That way I keep 2 tape
drives busy and still get to read news.

Come to think of it, I read news when I do daily (level 6) and weekly (3)
backups.  I guess I'm addicted.

--
Tim Ramsey/system administrator/tar at math.ksu.edu/(913) 532-6750/2-7004 (FAX)
Department of Mathematics, Kansas State University, Manhattan KS  66506-2602