E-mail Privacy

Henry Mensch henry at ADS.COM
Sat Jun 8 03:15:42 AEST 1991

->In article <Nk13311w164w at bluemoon.uucp> sbrack at bluemoon.uucp (Steven S. Brack) writes:
->>        Then, if the company wanted to see the manuscipt it lets you use
->>        your PC or UNIX account to write, they can?  Most employees
->>        expect that their employer would treat them as human beings,
->>        not as slaves to be constantly monitored.  If I sent a document
->>        in US Mail to someone, then needed a copy of it, if he wouldn't
->>        give me one, then a court order would be my only resort.  The
->>        situations are fairly analogous.

it's not clear what the purpose of this manuscript is, but they almost
certainly have a right to do this.

if you're writing a personal manuscript, then you may find you are in
a deep spot, since many companies proscribe the use of corporate
facilities for this purpose ("personal gain").  even if this is
permitted, you are foolish if you do (proof you used their facilities
to do the work may entitle them to payment for that use, or
part-ownership in the resulting work).

if you're writing a manuscript for corporate use then they already own
it, so they aren't taking anything that isn't theirs.

--
# Henry Mensch / Advanced Decision Systems / <henry at ads.com>