Network Queuing System (NQS)

Booker Bense benseb at grumpy.sdsc.edu
Mon Jun 17 04:23:37 AEST 1991

>|> From: nash at ucselx.sdsu.edu (Ron Nash)
>|>
>|> Here in San Diego, the Cray runs EZBATCH.  Here is the manual:

- Umm, I don't mean to be picky , but we actually run the NQS
available from Cray Research supplemented with local bug/fixes and
modifications. These mods are available for public use as well as
our accounting , queued file tranport and other Unicos modifications.
A qrank utility is now also completed and will be available shortly.

- You can get qsmart as well, but I wouldn't reccommend it. It's a
very ugly csh script I wrote in a fit of pique about NQS's lack of
graceful shutdown options( then not now). I would be astonished if it
ran anywhere else. BWT, ezbatch is the name of the document. We have
other ones like

ezmath
ezc
ezdebug ....

-The convention is that an ez-doc contains enough to get you started.
More complete documentation is also available.

- Booker C. Bense
prefered: benseb at grumpy.sdsc.edu	"I think it's GOOD that everyone
NeXT Mail: benseb at next.sdsc.edu 	   becomes food " - Hobbes