Network Queuing System (NQS)

Loren Buchanan buck at nrl-cmf.UUCP
Sat Jun 8 06:20:05 AEST 1991

We are in the processes of planning an upgrade of our Cray to Unicos
(I know it's about time), and was wondering about using NQS to
submit jobs to the Cray from SGI, Sun, VAX, IBM, Stardent, and other
computers.

Are there reasons to not use NQS?

Is there something else we should be using?

Are there particular headaches that can be avoided by knowing of past mistakes?
Is there public domain versions of the software available, or should we tell
management to come up with the money to buy it.

Are there third party vendors, and if so who are they?

Any parting shots...er...comments?

Thanks & B Cing U

Buck

P.S. Email responses will be collected, munged, and posted.

--
Loren Buchanan (buck at caligula.nrl.navy.mil) | #include <standard.disclaimer>
NRL Code 5842, 4555 Overlook Ave.           | #include <computer.graphics>