POWERstation 320 configuration question

Sam Drake drake at sd2.almaden.ibm.com
Sun Apr 8 17:55:57 AEST 1990

In article <6866 at ncar.ucar.edu> steve at groucho.ucar.edu (Steve Emmerson) writes:
>I have a few questions about hardware configuration for an IBM RISC
>System/ 6000 POWERstation 320 and would greatly appreciate any
>answers.
>
>The documentation that I have says that a 16 Megabyte memory board
>"requires one memory card location in the processor."  I would like to
>know if this "memory card location in the processor" is the same as a
>"feature card slot" (i.e. do memory cards tie-up a general-purpose slot?)

No the members of the RISC System/6000 family all have separate slots
for memory cards and for MicroChannel adapters.  The two types of slots
are not interchangeable.  The POWERstation 320 has 4 MicroChannel I/O
slots and two slots for memory cards.

I'm at home and don't recall the answers to your other questions, sorry.

Sam Drake / IBM Almaden Research Center
Internet:  drake at ibm.com            BITNET:  DRAKE at ALMADEN
Usenet:    ...!uunet!ibmarc!drake   Phone:   (408) 927-1861