Need help with doswrite

Anthony M. Richardson amr at dukee.egr.duke.edu
Wed Feb 28 01:00:31 AEST 1990

A short break from the System/6000 discussion ...

  I am using a PS/2 Model 70-386 running AIX 1.1.  The commands dosdir
and dosread both work fine with a low density formatted (770k) disk,
but I can't get doswrite to work.  Everything works when the disk
is high density formatted. Am I doing something wrong? Or is doswrite
not capable of writing to a low density disk?  Or is this a bug?
(Please don't suggest that I use DosMerge, being able to read and write
DOS formatted disks is all the compatibility I want.)
Also, is there a way to format (low density) a DOS disk from AIX?

Thanks,
Tony Richardson    amr at dukee.egr.duke.edu

Now back to the System/6000 ...