Risc System/6000

Alex Nghiem nghiem at ut-emx.UUCP
Tue Feb 27 13:42:41 AEST 1990

In article <1167 at gort.cs.utexas.edu> jason at cs.utexas.edu (Jason Martin Levitt) writes:
>In article <1418 at ks.UUCP> drake at ibmarc.uucp (Sam Drake) writes:
>>
>>It would be unfair for me to comment on exact sizes of things (since I've only
>>seen pre-release code, any more exact sizes I might give you would be
>>somewhat off).
>
>  That's the temporary answer to my question. Thanks.

Usually, how "off" are the release sizes from the actual sizes?

On another issue: Are there any academic programs available for
these new machines? How can an academic entity "upgrade"
to a new machine with out losing the scarce funds that were
invested keeping the old machine up to date?

How does one integrate the new and the old in a cluster if the new
operating system is not available on the old machine?
This article is posted for factual information only. Any misrepresentation,
if any, is purely unintentional. Any opinion expressed or implicit in
these remarks are solely my own.

nghiem at emx.utexas.edu
!cs.utexas.edu!ut-emx!nghiem
nghiem at walt.cc.utexas.edu