RIOS

Shawn Hayes shawn at jdyx.UUCP
Fri Feb 16 10:22:33 AEST 1990

   I believe the new RIOS workstation is called the System 6000.  Since I
wasn't at the rollout today I don't know many of the details, but from what
I've heard it sounds like a very good machine.  My company is going to get
one of the low-end machines(325, I think) for examination next week.  The
machine comes with 8 megabytes of RAM and 120 megabyte hard drive for
  ~$7000.   The thing that sounds great for our system is that it can do
context switches in about 2 milliseconds, which may not be fantastic, but
gives us a machine to sell that has the proper price/performance ratio.

                                                     Shawn Hayes