Risc System/6000

J. Eric Townsend jet at karazm.math.uh.edu
Tue Feb 20 08:33:57 AEST 1990

First off, the sales rep told me that I could buy GNU Emacs and that
X for AIX 3.0 would cost around $500.  I think IBM sales reps don't
know how to deal with $0.00 in the price column, or what public domain
(or freely distributable) code is..

In article <10307 at hoptoad.uucp> gnu at hoptoad.uucp (John Gilmore) writes:
>>                          . . . a complete system starting at $12,995.
>Including OS and window system?  Manuals?  Ethernet?  Compilers?  In

Nope.

"X server software" is $500, plus $50 for each terminal...

--
J. Eric Townsend
University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics (713) 749-2120
jet at karazm.math.uh.edu
Skate UNIX(tm).