Risc System/6000

Jason Martin Levitt jason at cs.utexas.edu
Sat Feb 24 10:48:23 AEST 1990

In article <1398 at ks.UUCP> drake at ibmarc.uucp (Sam Drake) writes:
>In article <1152 at gort.cs.utexas.edu> jason at cs.utexas.edu (Jason Martin Levitt) writes:
>
>>If it's possible
>>to run some kind of minimal system configuration in 120mb, will someone
>>please confirm it?
>
>Sure, fits, no problem.  If you have lots of Program Products (compilers,
>extra cost applications, etc) you would probably want to NFS mount them,
>along with /u.  Come on, IBM's not going to run 3 page ads in every
>big paper in the US advertising a configuration that won't boot!
> [...stuff deleted....]
>:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

:-( :-( :-( ;-)  You're support and trust of IBM's claims is encouraging.
But, I'm interested in some approximate numbers, not unsubstantiated
opinions. How much space does AIX 3.1 require? X/Motif? What is the
the recommended amount of swap space?

 [...lots of dead-end material deleted...]

       ----Jason
-----

Jason Martin Levitt    P.O. Box 49860  Austin, Texas 78765  (512) 459-0055
Internet: jason at cs.utexas.edu         | "The most stupendous system of
UUCP    : cs.utexas.edu!hackbox!jason |  organized robbery known has been that
BIX     : jlevitt                     |  of the church towards woman." --Gage