Named bug (feature) resolved

Todd Booth todd at janus.Quotron.com
Thu Feb 8 07:00:02 AEST 1990

I reported some problems with AIX named a few months ago to this list
and have isolated the problem.  I am reporting this to IBM but
thought others may be interested (Brian, Joel - are you out there?).

When my named.db file has up to 1 space after each entry, everything
is fine.  When my named.db file has 2 or more spaces after a line,
the lines following that line are ignored.  This problem has occured
with previous versions of AIX but this does not cause problems for
other non-AIX systems.  The following named.db may be helpful:

; /etc/named.db

; there are two blank spaces after the following entry
calvin IN	A	130.224.4.4

; the following lines are ignored
mohsen		IN	A	130.224.4.7

not much but that's it.