token Novell under AIX PS/2 DOS merge

Pete Rourke pete at romed.UUCP
Thu Feb 8 13:08:49 AEST 1990

I need information from anyone who has successfully installed an IBM
Token Ring Adapter in an AIX PS2 Model 80 (or similar) using Novell's
Netware SFT 2.12.  I have no problem loading the device drivers and
getting on the network when I boot my PS2 from a dos diskette.  However
when I run DOS Merge I get errors in trying to load the device drivers.
I have made an entry in my /etc/dosdev file indicating that the Token
Ring adapter is in the Primary position, and have identified the
corresponding interrupt level and RAM address range.  My entry is as
follows:

		token	d	.a20-23.3.D8000-DBFFF.

I ran the setup from the Reference Diskette to get the correct information
about the location of the board, the interrupt level, etc.  The error
messages are as follows:

	1. When I have the interrupt level set at 3 or 11 the message is:
		loaddev:ERROR  error loading device driver

	2. When the interrupt level is set at either 2, 8, or 10 the
	   message is:
		DXM C0 12E: Token-Ring adapter not installed:
			    Error in loading:  F1 to continue

Any clues?
thanks

--
Pete Rourke                                                ..texbell!romed!pete
MicroAge Technical Marketing Group                   ..sun!sunburn!mcsitsg!pete