Risc System/6000 (and gnu emacs)

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.isc.com
Thu Feb 22 16:59:53 AEST 1990

griefer at adg.almaden.ibm.com (Allan D. Griefer) writes:
> There's a $125 distribution charge for GNU EMACS, but, last time I looked,
> FSF was charging $150 for distribution.

Ummm...yes, but the FSF charge is for the entire release tape, which
contains not only emacs but X 10.4, Scheme, Bison, T, hack, GNU Chess, and
GDB.  Main point is that it takes a 9-track tape, which isn't cheap and
costs money to handle and ship.

Still, $125 is a little high but not terrible (is it?) for something
handled by a large company.  After all, it's more than just a floppy (esp.
if the source is there, which it better be!)
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com    uucp: {ncar,nbires}!ico!rcd     (303)449-2870
   ...Don't lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools.