Risc System/6000

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.COM
Thu Feb 22 12:05:44 AEST 1990

In article <1152 at gort.cs.utexas.edu> jason at cs.utexas.edu (Jason Martin Levitt) writes:
>  Someone responded to my question about disk space requirements and
>said that AIX 3.1 will barely fit on a 300mb hard disk.  If it's possible
>to run some kind of minimal system configuration in 120mb, will someone
>please confirm it? BTW, they posted the reply to pc.rt or unix.aix.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.  NO UNIX system
requires 120mb of disk, and especially AIX, since it's broken into dozens
of LPPs which may or may not be installed, depending on the user's available
space and requirements.  So don't load the Cobol compiler if you have it and
don't need it.  But don't blame IBM if you can't put everything they sell
on a smallish disk.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer